It is currently Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Creating vectors in photoshop
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:42 am 
GDB Pro

I recently started playing around with a twitter bird tutorial in my spare time. The amazing thing about it was that I have learnt so much from just trying to create this little bird, its truly amazing.

Maybe this will help you :D

When you create a path using the pen tool, you can use the Direct selection and it allows you to manipulate the points created by the pen tool. If you hold Alt and Shift in at the same time, with the path selection tool, you can drag the layer created with the pen tool to make a duplicate on the same layer, and you will still be able to move each duplicate separately. So you don't need to have too many layers.

You can also create a path with the pen tool, use the path selection tool to select all the points, then go to edit -> copy and then edit -> paste, to duplicate the path on the same layer, which can also be moved individually.

The direct selection tool allows you to manipulate each point separately, letting you change the curve of the path created, and even lets you transform a certain amount of points at the same time.

See? lol you can learn new things everyday, :D I just did.