Last visit was: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 pm It is currently Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 pm

All times are UTC

[ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:10 am 
GDB Pro

What are the main point to remember while designing a Logo?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:38 pm 
GDB Pro

Be creative and make the logo unique and fitting for the client. :D I might also add having a little fun doing it. Some logos are really fun to create.

You need to remember though, what your client wants, what he can actually get, depending on copyrights etc. if he needs a logo done according to one he shows you. And know your own limitations. If you get stuck, find resources on the web for the effect you need.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:59 am 
GDB Pro

Thanks Dreamrage for this answer.
my confusion is about client's need. sometimes they give us brief about their logo but when we completed our job regarding their brief they denies it, i don't understand are they confuse about their brief or they want to confuse us, tell us how we tackle this type of situation?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:51 am 
GDB Pro

Netaddict wrote:
Thanks Dreamrage for this answer.
my confusion is about client's need. sometimes they give us brief about their logo but when we completed our job regarding their brief they denies it, i don't understand are they confuse about their brief or they want to confuse us, tell us how we tackle this type of situation?

it could be anything really. You need to keep communication open between you and your client throughout the design process. It can be tedious, but in the end you would make the design according to specification. It could also be that, after the brief, they have seen the design as it was planned, and realized that it may not be the best one for them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:49 am 
GDB Pro

Always ensure that you strike a balance between your logo design and clip art. Yes, making your professional logo design exciting and appealing for the viewers is essential but don't go overboard by including intricate logo designing that makes people squint when they look at it. Keep the logo design as simple as possible so that the motive of your organization shines out clearly building customer trust and enhancing your relationship with your clients from the very beginning. This would also assure that your custom logo design looks good everywhere from billboards, brochures, catalogs, corporate stationery, product covers to websites.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:33 am 
GDB Pro

stevendecent wrote:
Always ensure that you strike a balance between your logo design and clip art. Yes, making your professional logo design exciting and appealing for the viewers is essential but don't go overboard by including intricate logo designing that makes people squint when they look at it. Keep the logo design as simple as possible so that the motive of your organization shines out clearly building customer trust and enhancing your relationship with your clients from the very beginning. This would also assure that your custom logo design looks good everywhere from billboards, brochures, catalogs, corporate stationery, product covers to websites.

I couldn't agree more. I would go as far as to say that this would be the most important part of logo design. With the internet as it is nowdays, with gravatars etc. keeping a company logo as simple as possible while still making it appealing etc. works to your advantage and that of your clients.

[ 6 posts ]