Last visit was: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:22 am It is currently Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:22 am

All times are UTC

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Choosing Fonts when Designing a Logo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:49 pm 
GDB Pro

Often when I approach a logo design project I have on a number of occassions chosen a suitable font straight from what is available on my computer systems fonts list, and then I have designed some sort of relevant iconic/symbol/mark to go along with the font to complete the logo.

But this has led me to question my methods when designing a logo. The problem for me is that I don’t ever feel completely satisfied that I can claim my logo designs to be 100% my own work, the fact that i am pulling a font straight off my computer systems font list which has been painstakingly crafted by a typographer designer and using it as part of my own design via a few selection clicks of my mouse just does not sit right with me, it makes me feel that only half the logo design is my own and the other half is the work of the typography designer.

Id be very interested to hear from other designers who feel they are doing the same thing when designing a logo, or maybe you don't, maybe some logo designers really do design their own custom font as well as any symbols to go with it, which I fully respect. However if you don't design your own customised fonts nor do you use fonts straight off your computer system how do you go about choosing them? What places (URLs) do you visit to purchase them? and how do you feel about doing this? Let me know your thoughts please guys...

Post subject: Re: Choosing Fonts when Designing a Logo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:26 am 
GDB Newbie

Here are some of th tips for choosing the right font styles.

1.It should express true essence of company.
2.It should easy-to-read.
3.It should look perfect in normal, italic and bold style.
4.It should convey company's personality and character completely.

online logo creation
small business logo design

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 am 
GDB Newbie

It's really hard to find the right font, that represents both your personal taste and that of the comapny's corporate image.
I would just say, avoid anything too squiggly, flashy or 'Neat', sure having a nice posh font may work for targeting middle/upper class clients, but it will just look pants to us working class type of people, that's of course not the only issue at hand, just giving an example there:)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:13 am 
GDB Pro

Blizzard have made some achievement in several aspects.For example,they have discover some ways to protect players against account compromise.Now, Diablo 3 Gold and Diablo 3 Items on hot sale at www.selldiablo3gold.com and www.diablo3buygold.com.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:12 am 
GDB Regular

JacksonWaugh wrote:
It's really hard to find the right font, that represents both your personal taste and that of the comapny's corporate image.
I would just say, avoid anything too squiggly, flashy or 'Neat', sure having a nice posh font may work for targeting middle/upper class clients, but it will just look pants to us working class type of people, that's of course not the only issue at hand, just giving an example there:)

I want to some suggestion about logo font i start my new business and i want to create my business logo i start designer clothes business so for that which font is best for logo design?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:58 am 
GDB Regular

Great one.. Such a informative thread for me.. I like it and get some unique ideas.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:59 am 
GDB Junior

Typography is a very important element in logo designing. You can't use the overly artistic type faces because it will only distract the audience. Good typography is invisible typography. But of course, logos which purely use text are an exemption.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:39 am 
GDB Junior

Christian Louboutin Homme Espadrilles est absolument représentatif de la mode et les loisirs, christian Chaussures Louboutin, est devenu une question de cours le protagoniste populaire de la saison. Nous ferons de notre mieux pour vous satisfaire. Toutes les Louboutin Pas Cher a été travaillé par des artisans et des espadrilles bonne Christian Louboutin pour les Christian Louboutin Homme par la main et c'est le résultat d'une sélection rigoureuse. si vous êtes engagé dans la vogue ou si vous voulez garder le même rythme avec la tendance, Louboutin 2012 chaussures de sport des hommes pourrait être votre meilleur choix. Commandez-le maintenant produits sont expédition libre.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:40 pm 
GDB Junior

Your suggestion is really nice please tell me i have a question about logo designing. Without font a logo looks good or not?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:31 am 
GDB Newbie

As the choice of colors is very important for the logo design, the choice of fonts also plays an essential part in the success of a logo. Many people think a font is just a font, and they choose a font simply because they like it.

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next